Thursday, November 15, 2012

First Patchy Frost

Woke up this morning, made breakfast for the kids, and took the goats and dog out for their walk. And there, on the windshield of the car, was a thin film of ice. Although it was only the front windshield, which sometimes freezes due to radiating heat into the clear night sky. The grass and vegetation near the house had no frost on it I could see. However, as I took the goats down the valley to their pasture I saw some small patches of frost here and there. We might get a few more days of frost free weather, but I think that this is about the end. Looks like I'm only growing broccoli, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, lettuce, spinach, beets, onions, garlic, and carrots till spring. Of course, the boars will probably eat that though.

3 comments:

  1. We just had our first snow in Nagano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is harsh. Snow in November? How much?

    I haven't even harvested all my citrus fruits yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only had a few flakes in the sky, so no accumulation on the ground but Nozawa Onsen and Hakuba (Two famous ski resorts) are now open with more that 15cm in one day. Nagano is much colder than your area apparently but summers are cooler.

    ReplyDelete