What to do with a spouse who doesn't understand my need to grow a garden?
I love her, but she views my garden as her rival. Which in my opinion isn't fair.
- I spend a lot more time with her than I do in the garden (as anyone who sees the weed-choked paradise that is my garden can attest).
- I talk to her more than I do to my garden.
- I don't cut parts of her off, cook them and eat her like I do to plants in my garden.
- I don't cover her with straw to smother her like I do to my garden.
- I don't shovel manure over her like I do to my garden.
- I don't pound pointy bamboo stakes into her with a wooden club like I do to my garden.
- I would be much angrier if a wild boar damaged her than I am when they damage my garden.
I have tried getting her interested in gardening with me, but she is too clever to fall for that. My father told me to marry a woman cleverer than myself. Apparently it backfired in this respect.